Do you remember my previous post (sorry for the long absence) where I said that going live is like having a baby?
Well, I could say as well that running an online shop is pretty much like raising a child: if you put the right effort in it, you can have great results!
Here are 10 things you should know before making the decision to go digital!
1) If you, your brand or your company are not ready to do it, don’t do it. Why? You will save money and reputation. You will not have any kind of ROI if you’re not prepared to manage your e-commerce effectively.
2) The online shop is your baby: you cannot forget to feed it for weeks! If you do it, it will die.
3) Are you ready to manage online reputation and super demanding customers who will threaten your brand image on any possible social media?
4) Consequently, are you ready to manage your 50 years old CEO who will go crazy after reading a comment of a 15-year-old teenager who writes on Facebook “your customer care agent told me that you are out of business and don’t have the money to product that model of shoes I wanted” ?
5) Do you have, in your company, someone who knows what e-commerce is? If not, do you plan to hire someone with these characteristics?
6) Are you going to sell online a reasonable amount of products? (Definitely not 10, or 20).
7) Are you going to resupply?
8) Are you afraid of your retailers?
9) Do you really want to make money with e-commerce or is it just a trend?
10) Do you have or want an e-commerce strategy? If not, if your approach is just tactical, then buy a shopify shop for €50 per month and let your shop be run by anyone who has time in the company.